Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jan. 10th-Book Group

Last year (2011) I read 30 books either by reading them or listening on audio. This year I've commented to reading 36 books. That's 3 books a month. I am usually always listening to an audio in the car and reading another one. So this should be doable for me.

Right now our libary book group is reading "The book Thief" by Markus Zusak, which I'm just starting.

Here's what it's about: "Narrated by Death, the book is set in Nazi Germany. It describes a young girl's (named Liesel Meminger) relationship with her foster parents, Hans and Rosa, and the other residents of their neighborhood, and a Jewish fist-fighter who hides in her home during the escalation of World War II. Published in 2005, it has won numerous awards and has been listed on the New York Times Children's Bestseller List for over 190 weeks."

I list the books I'm reading and my reviews on goodreads.com Here's my url for my list of books. Barb's Goodreads Books and Reviews

Even though it says it's considered a young adult book a numberous amount of adults have been reading it.

1 comment:

Master Thief said...

Would love to read this, sounds good!